Aren't these just the cutest little reindeer you ever did see? These marshmallow pops are super easy and a fun kid-friendly cooking activity.
Crazy Reindeer Marshmallow Pops
Large or Jumbo Marshmallows
Milk Chocolate (for coating the marshmallows)
Candy Googley Eyes
White Candy Sticks
1. Put your stick at an angle in the back of the marshmallow so it looks like the marshmallow is leaning forward (like a reindeer head)
2. Melt your chocolate in a double boiler or microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring each time you take it out. (TIP: If your chocolate begins to harden add 1 teaspoon of vegetable shortening.)
3. Dip each marshmallow and let rest for 1 minute before adding the red hot, coconut, and googley eyes.
4. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until hard.
5. Break up a bunch of pretzels and use your melted chocolate to make reindeer antlers. It's easiest to lay these down on a silpat or piece of wax paper. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until hard. Don't put them into your marshmallow until they are totally stuck together with the chocolate.
6. Take out your reindeer pops and let come to room temperature before sticking the antlers in.
TIP: Use a piece of styrofoam to hold your reindeer pops while you make them. You can also cover this piece of styrofoam with a thin piece of festive fabric and poke holes in it to serve the holiday pops.